2017 Pre-Season Training
Mt Sima is offering early season training on 300 vertical meters of varied terrain serviced by a fixed grip quad chair with an 8.5 minute ride. Call Cindy at 867-336-3483 to book or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dan’s Descent, a FIS homologated course for Alpine Slalom and Giant Slalom
- Goldrush for Slalom
- Snow will be prepared to the hardest “race ready” surface and lined with a single layer of B-Net.
Freestyle and Slopestyle training
The terrain park is set up so that you can train everything in one run top to bottom as the features get progressively bigger. The Big Air can be hit after the Upper and Lower park. This creates very good progression and makes ideal training for the athletes warming up to the big jump.
- three medium step over jumps 15-20’ (pending summer dirt work)
- mix of 4-5 medium to large rails
- 2-3 large rails leading to triple jump line
- One step down, 2 step overs 20-40’
- 50-60’ step over jump (pending summer dirt work)
- Dryslope & Airbag
- Starts with required features, pump rollers
- 50 metre progressive pump track
|First day of pre-season training||November 3, 2017|
|Last day of pre-season training||December 15, 2017|
December availability: Monday through to Thursday
Note: Mt. Sima reserves the right to adjust dates if necessary.
Call 867-668-4557 x224 to book or email email@example.com
Training Session Hours
|AM Session||9:30am – 12:15pm|
|PM Session||12:15pm – 3:00pm|
|Full Day Session||$85|
- Prices are in CDN dollars, per participant plus GST (5%) and includes athlete lift ticket and unlimited complimentary coach lift tickets. Full day sessions include lunch; Concession available for half day sessions
- Lift tickets for guest and/or individual staff or other personnel are $45 per day
- Bookings are confirmed upon receipt of a $1000 deposit
- Cancellations will be accepted up to October 1, 2017 for full refund
- In the event early season training is not available due to lack of snow, teams will receive a full refund
Note: Mt Sima reserves the right to adjust dates if needed to accommodate special circumstances.
|Rapid Gate Rental Package||$85/hr|
|Additional non-screw-in gates (27 mm)||$1/day|
- Training lanes will be tentatively assigned based on team requests
- Small teams with less than 10 participants train with other small teams if lane shortages occur
- All courses must be slipped at the end of the morning training session
- Daily Team Captain meeting for training lane assignments and organization
- Any additions or changes must be pre-agreed upon at the captions meeting
- Mt Sima will book space on a first-come, first-serve basis
Mt Sima Partners
We have created a number of partnerships to meet the needs of your team and for you to experience Yukon hospitality.
Fly with Yukon owned and operated Air North from Vancouver, Calgary, and Ottawa. For connecting flights from Air Canada, Air North offers a baggage transfer agreement.
Roundtrip (per person incl. all fees & taxes)
|Vancouver to Whitehorse||$387.71|
|Calgary to Whitehorse||$413.96|
|Edmonton to Whitehorse||$413.96|
|Ottawa to Whitehorse||$796.93|
|Kelowna to Whitehorse||$398.21|
Complimentary healthy light snack & non-alcoholic drinks
Terms & Conditions
- Zero dollar change or cancellation fee
- If the ticket is cancelled – the amount will be held as a travel credit for future travel with Air North
- Credits are transferrable & expire one year from the original date of purchase
- Cancellation within 24 hours of booking – credit towards a future flight or full refund back to credit card
- Missed flights or no shows do not receive credit or refund
- Pre-seat selection is $15.75 (incl. GST) per person
- Air North is not responsible for issuing refunds for entire teams cancelling for any reason
Complimentary Checked Baggage:
- 1 pieces of luggage (not to exceed 50lbs total)
- 1 piece of Sporting Equipment (snowboard or ski bags not to exceed 70lbs)
- Total combined weight cannot exceed 100lbs
$30 + applicable tax per piece to a maximum of 2 excess pieces
2 pieces(1 piece plus 1 personal item), total weight of 22lbs (outside dimensions cannot exceed 9” wide x 16” high x 20” long)
Baggage Advisory – Important
Air North will do everything possible to ensure your checked baggage arrives with you, however, when a number of teams are flying at the same time with equipment, aircraft weight restrictions will apply.
To help alleviate overload on the day you are flying please consider the following suggestions:
- Complimentary shipping will be provided for equipment being shipped in advance (minimum of 5 days), via Air North Cargo Services
- Pack as light as possible and ensure any NECESSITIES are packed in a carry-on bag (ie: medications, extra change of clothes etc.)
- Delivery arrangements can be made with Cindy at Mt Sima
Baggage Transfer Agreement with Air Canada
- Same day connections with Air Canada baggage transfers upon request
Lodging (5% gst not included in listings)
Whitehorse offers a variety of options to suit your needs. Our business partner, Northern Vision Development, owns and operates 3 leading hotels with modern, comfortable rooms in downtown Whitehorse. They have put together a special price for visiting teams to Mt Sima including single/double occupancy, meal plan option and a complimentary conference room for ski tuning.
Arrangements can be made at these hotels for kitchen facilities should you wish to cook your own meals..
- Coast High Country Inn
- Goldrush Best Western
- Edgewater Hotel
|Optional Breakfast/Dinner Meal Plan||$55.00|
Additional Lodging Recommendations: (For small groups under 6 occupants, please ask us about availalble apartments and condo's)
Westmark Whitehorse Hotel & Conference Centre
Located in the heart of downtown Whitehorse one block from the Yukon River and Main Street. The Westmark Hotel has 180 guestrooms with a special offer for teams, meal plan option and a complimentary conference room for ski tuning.
|Optional Breakfast/Dinner Meal Plan||$44.90 + gratuity|
Located a few blocks from downtown Whitehorse and 3 minutes to the Canada Games Centre.
The Days Inn has many amenities with a special offer for teams including a complimentary meeting room (based on availability). Affordable on-site restaurant and Loblaw Superstore right next door.
|2x Queen Bed room||$105.00|
Beez Kneez Hostel
If you are looking for a home away from home, you can rent by the bed or the entire Beez Kneez hostel for your stay. There are 12 beds, full kitchen, shower & laundry facilities, 2 common areas and internet.
Yutopia Urban Inn B&B
New, bright, artistic, modern living space with lots of indoor/outdoor spaces to relax, play, work and interact located in a quiet neighbourhood and able to accommodate up to 10 people. Recommended by last year visiting teams.
|Up to 5 people||$150/night|
|6-10 people maximum||$175/night|
Northern Sun B&B
Located in Porter Creek a subdivision just north of downtown Whitehorse within city limits. Can accommodate up to 10 people.
Transportation (5% gst not included in listings)
Mt Sima is located a short 12km from downtown Whitehorse. Arrangements can be made for car rentals, van or bus shuttles to and from the hill. Staying in downtown Whitehorse you have the advantage of being able to walk everywhere or take public transit within the city. Let us know your preference and we can make the arrangements for you.
|40 passenger school bus||$300/day|
|40 passenger coach seating/air ride||$420/day|
|40 passenger coach seating/air ride/with trailer||$520/day|
|20 passenger school bus||$244/day|
Sample Vehicle Rental Rates
|15 passenger van||$153/day|
|8 passenger van||$128/day|
Whitehorse is a very active sports minded community. Athletes can take advantage of our homegrown sports facilities: CrossFit space with our partner Peak Fitness, trampoline equipment at the Gymnastic Club and recreational facilities at the Canada Games Centre.
Even in the month of November there is so much to do in the Yukon. Depending on your training schedule let us know your interests and we will be more than happy to make arrangements for you and your team. Browse through the following websites for a little taste of what the Yukon has to offer.