The Friends of Mount Sima Society is excited about our progress and possibilities! To maintain our momentum, we are constantly striving for even greater goals. By developing stronger partnerships and building upon community support, we will be able to ensure that our operation is continuously improving and that our hill continues to be successful.
Our sponsors play a key role in each season’s success. We are fortunate to have a number of partners in the business community and government who continue to support Mt. Sima which ultimately adds value to our users and our community. Continuing upgrades to the snowmaking system allows us to make more snow, more efficiently, resulting in a longer season.
The purchase of a BisonX groomer continues to help us build top-notch features in the terrain park and keep the ski runs groomed to perfection.
Our ski school participation continues to grow; including programming for Christmas and spring camps, youth groups, community groups, adults, backcountry users, and schools. We also continue to support the development of Yukon Athletes working with Alpine Yukon, Yukon Freestyle Ski Association and Snowboard Yukon.
Sponsor support for snowmaking, grooming, upgrades to the terrain park, and other operational requirements are integral to the success of Mt. Sima and that success reflects positively back on our sponsors. We continue to invest in not just robust infrastructure, but also professional development of our employees to guarantee growth and success, year after year.
What does sponsoring Mount Sima do for you?
- High advertising engagement from audience: captive attention for 9-minute lift ride via chair signage
- Repetitive engagement: tower signage will be visible with every ride up and down the hill
- Sponsorship perks such as day passes, corporate season passes and invitations to the annual President’s Reception
- Recognition and acknowledgment on the Mount Sima website and as many thank yous as we can work in over the season
- Public acknowledgment of your support for this important community winter recreation facility
What does your sponsorship do for Mount Sima?
- It helps cover the costs of operating the hill – making snow ($10/m3), running the chairlift ($200/hr), grooming the hill ($500–700/run) and paying our dedicated staff
- Assists with the development, improvement, and maintenance of hill features, including the terrain park for all levels of users, as well as much needed lodge and IT upgrades
- Getting skiers and boarders on the hill earlier thanks to snowmaking
- The ability to develop first-rate training facilities for development of young and elite athletes
What does your sponsorship do for the community?
- Increases quality of life and enhances workforce recruitment and retention
- Supports athlete development and provides the opportunity to build commitment to sport for life
- Contributes to a facility that hosts national and international ski/snowboard events such as the Canada Winter Games (2007), the Arctic Winter Games (2012), plus the 2020 Arctic Winter Games are coming soon!
- Safe, healthy and positive recreation facility for families, seniors, students, youth at risk and everyone in between
- A winter attraction to support bringing tourism dollars into the Yukon economy
There are a number of options for you to support Mount Sima as a sponsor – we would be happy to help you find the option that is right for you!
Contact Devin Wittig at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.