Sima Explorer Camp strives to provide an outdoor-based summer camp experience, where children can be physically active while building knowledge and connecting with the natural world around them.
Mount Sima provides the perfect location for children to explore and discover Yukon’s natural world. We believe that children thrive when they are outside exploring, creating and learning. We aim to create a camp experience where your child will come home tired, muddy and excited!
Frequently Asked Questions
Cancel more than 2 weeks prior to the start of camp – full refund, minus processing fee (10% of payment).
Cancel between 2 weeks and 24 hrs before the start date of camp – 50 percent refundable.
Cancel less than 24 hrs before the start of camp – 100 percent non refundable.
Visit our Policies & Information page for more details.
We will send out an information booklet on the Wednesday before the start of your child’s camp. It will contain information such as what to bring, what to expect, and a general schedule of activities.
There are 15 children per camp session, this may vary due to certain exceptions. We offer a low counsellor to child ratio of one counsellor for every five children.
- 7-10 years – Trail Blazers, 10 spots
- 11-13 year – Rangers, 5 spots
Your child must have turned seven years old before the start date of the camp that they are attending.
Each Camp session will include the same main activities and themes. However, each session will be adjusted and evolve to fit the preferences of the particular group.
Closed-toe footwear such as hiking boots or running shoes is best for the camp.
- Lunch – nut-free lunch and lots of snacks as the kids will be active
- Reusable water bottle
- Brimmed hat and/or sunglasses (for sunny days)
- Rain gear (for rainy days)
- Closed-toe footwear – hiking boots or running shoes are best for camp
- Warm clothing – even on hot days please pack warm clothing in case of change in weather
- Change of clothes, in case of rain, mud or other incidents.
- A whistle – attached to their backpack or zipper is great
- Backpack – to carry the above supplies
- Medications – should your child require them. Please ensure the counselor is informed of any medications and the proper usage.
- Suggestions: Bug repellent, and light-weight, quick-dry clothing
We will be an electronic-free camp. iPods, cell phones, and other electronics can be stored in a cubby for the day.
Drop-off times are from 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and pick-up times are from 4:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
We do not provide lunch, but do provide peanut-free snacks. We encourage campers to bring a healthy lunch that respects allergies and the environment.
Please let us know if your child has a medical condition or allergy.
We will be emailing you a questionnaire before camp, in which you can let us know if your child has a medical condition, allergy or special needs that we should be aware of. Please provide as much detail as possible (including medications and instructions) so that we can ensure your child has a safe and fun experience at Sima Explorer Camps!
Please pack any medications in your child’s backpack, label them with your child’s full name and inform us as to where they are located, and what has been packed.
Yes, we are a peanut-free camp. Please pack your child a healthy lunch and we will provide peanut-free snacks.