Come train for the backcountry and learn in a safe environment that’s close to home.
Wednesday nights: 4pm to 8pm
Anyone that accesses the mountain outside of the allowed dates and times is subject to having their pass privileges revoked.
Uphill traffic on Hailey’s only.
Descent routes on Hailey’s or Pokey’s only. We will inform you which downhill route is available that night.
Mount Sima reserves the right to close access to any area at any time for any reason.
When travelling uphill or downhill follow the Alpine Responsibility Code, and follow these additional guidelines for uphill travel:
- Stay on the designated uphill track
- Do not hike or stand in the middle of a ski trail
- Observe posted signs, warnings, and trail closures
- Be alert for and yield to downhill skiers
- Yield to and/or avoid all ski area machinery
- Never stop in high-traffic zones, where you are likely to obstruct a trail, or where you are not visible to downhill traffic
You do not need to have skins or a split board to participate. As long as you are able to safely travel uphill, like on snowshoes, and your downhill equipment is safely fastened to your pack, you can participate.
Headlamps are required to be worn after dark. Reflective clothing is recommended.