Our sponsors and partners play a key role in each season’s success
SIMA PARTNERS | SIMA CHAMPIONS | SIMA SUPPORTERS | SIMA FRIENDS
We are fortunate to have a number of partners in the business community and government who continue to support Mount Sima, which ultimately adds value to our users and our community.
Sponsor support for snowmaking, grooming, upgrades to the terrain park, and other operational requirements are integral to the success of Mount Sima and that success reflects positively back on our sponsors. We continue to invest in not just robust infrastructure, but also professional development of our employees to guarantee growth and success, year after year.
Mount Sima is operated by Friends of Mount Sima Society, a non-profit organization incorporated under the Societies Act.
If you would like to make a donation – of time or money – to the operation of Mount Sima please email Guest Services at GuestServices@mountsima.com.
What does sponsoring Mount Sima do for you?
- High advertising engagement from audience: captive attention for 9-minute lift ride via chair signage
- Repetitive engagement: tower signage will be visible with every ride up and down the hill
- Sponsorship perks such as day passes, corporate season passes and invitations to the annual President’s Reception
- Recognition and acknowledgment on the Mount Sima website and as many thank yous as we can work in over the season
- Public acknowledgment of your support for this important community winter recreation facility
What does your sponsorship do for Mount Sima?
- It helps cover the costs of operating the hill – making snow ($10/m3), running the chairlift ($200/hr), grooming the hill ($500–700/run) and paying our dedicated staff
- Assists with the development, improvement, and maintenance of hill features, including the terrain park for all levels of users, as well as much needed lodge and IT upgrades
- Getting skiers and boarders on the hill earlier thanks to snowmaking
- The ability to develop first-rate training facilities for development of young and elite athletes
What does your sponsorship do for the community?
- Increases quality of life and enhances workforce recruitment and retention
- Supports athlete development and provides the opportunity to build commitment to sport for life
- Contributes to a facility that hosts national and international ski/snowboard events such as the Canada Winter Games (2007), the Arctic Winter Games (2012), plus the 2020 Arctic Winter Games are coming soon!
- Safe, healthy and positive recreation facility for families, seniors, students, youth at risk and everyone in between
- A winter attraction to support bringing tourism dollars into the Yukon economy
There are a number of options for you to support Mount Sima as a sponsor – we would be happy to help you find the option that is right for you!
Contact us at GuestServices@mountsima.com or call us at 867-668-4557
|Rights & Benefits||Sima Friend|
1,000 - $2,499
|Sima Community Leader
|Recognition on Website||Yes||Yes||Logo||Logo||Logo & Profile|
|Recognition in Thank-You Ad||Yes||Yes||Logo||Logo||Logo|
|Recognition on Social Media||Combined social media recognition||Combined social media recognition||Unique social media recognition||Social media recognition w/ video content||Social media recognition w/ video content|
|Corporate Season Passes||1||2||3||4|
|Summer Day Passes||1||2||4||5||6|
*The number of Tower Signs are limited; priority will be given to past sponsors.
- Alpine Ski Association of Yukon (ASAY) is the governing body for Alpine Ski Racing in the Yukon Territory. Based out of Mount Sima in Whitehorse and Mount Maichen in Watson Lake, our mission is to promote skills development and competition opportunities for young skiers throughout the Yukon, including coach training and employment opportunities. Skiers participating in ASAY programs will work towards opportunities with Canada Winter Games, Arctic Winter Games as well as Alberta Alpine and BC Alpine Events. ASAY runs training and competitions for youth aged 6 to 15 years of age at Mount Sima from December to April, more information can be found at www.alpineyukon.com
- Snowboard Yukon is Yukon’s snowboarding organization. We train athletes and coaches, organize and sanction events, form and administer teams for out of territory competitions, and represent Yukon riders in the national snowboarding organization, Canada~Snowboard. We run on-snow training at Mt. Sima during the winter and dryland training September through March. Please visit our website at www.snowboardyukon.com to download our programs brochure. Registration is open now!
- Yukon Freestyle Ski Association (YFSA) is the official territorial voice for the popular sport of freestyle skiing. As an associate of the Canadian Freestyle Ski Association, we encourage the skilled and safe practice of slopestyle (park jumps and rails) and big air (larger jumps) through programs for all levels. For beginners we have Jumps and Bumps…for up-and-coming athletes a Development program…and we support a Competitive team which represents the Yukon at regional and national events. We also organize coach-training events, and holiday camps for youngsters at Christmas and Spring Break. Look for our world-class dry ramp and Ample BAGJUMP™ training facilities as you ride the chairlift at Mount Sima!